Friday, 4 February 2011

I completely forgot......

I went to Scotland and ran into Photoshop for the first time. It was painful, there was blood, broken bones and tears but I think I'm over it now and things have changed. 

It was a while ago, but not that long ago, I used to believe that if you didn't develop your own photos in a grotty darkroom after spending hours alone with only fixative and a red light buld for company you were a phoney photographer. This was one of the reasons I was never brilliant myself. My SLR camera was invariably on the wrong setting and most of my photos were developed badly. After the millionth time of being laughed out of social events, shops and various other areas I had to go digital. Digital..... Digital. I feel more comfortable every time I say it. Digital. 

Weirdly enough this was also the reason I stopped being a vegetarian. Peer pressure is a bad thing! OR maybe good?

Anyway, Photoshop was a step too far. Photoshop was my deep sea free diving with using a digital camera was perhaps just a 5 metre scuba dive. I was still trying to get back to the surface where things where more familiar to me. Where I could touch the bottom even. Sea Metaphors aside, the whole point here is I stripped off the air tank and swam straight to the bottom. Here are my over enthusiastic and over the top results.

I like them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment