Sunday, 13 February 2011

Book I have found and bought recently...

Everytime I pop into a second hand book shop I tend to veer wildly towards the childrens section. I'm not sure why, but I just love the illustrations and simplicuity of them. I read lots of grown up books too, but I find the pictures just aren't as good. Here are a few little gems that I keep on my shelves at home.

There are literally no details with this book. Just by Victoria! It's simply a story of Timothy Turnip innit.

From Tove Janson the creator of the Moomins.This is a new book. I would recommend picking up a copy to check out th incredible illustrations.
I can't find who did the cover illustration for this one, but I love the bold style and colours. It is clearly not a childrens book, and I have recently discovered it may be of some value.
Also check out Alice Potter's brilliant polar bear illustration at www.alicepotter.co.uk
I love this book! What a find. Its nothing special, but the illustration by David Gentleman really make it

The Luck of the Bean Rows has some lovely lovely illustrations by Claud Lovat Praser

hmmm. The harlequin front cover is so much fun. You'll also have to excuse my terrible warbrobe reflected in the mirror.






2 comments:

  1. they say never to judge a book by it's cover, but when they are so beautiful how can you not!? you've got some great finds.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I also wish you luck with your jewelry design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    Thanks for directing me to your post - great to find another book illustration enthusiast!! I think your blog is going off on brilliant tangents so stick with it!!
    I've got another post planned soon (inspired by Spot it!) where i thought i might list my favourite illustrated children's books so stand by!!
    Thanks again Freya - love your blog x

    ReplyDelete